March 31, 2015

Healthy, Delicious Smoothies

At the beginning of this year, I bought a Magic Bullet to make smoothies and I absolutely love it. Unfortunately, I haven't been using it as much as I would like to, but I plan on changing this over the next couple of weeks. I love replacing a traditional meal with a smoothie. The only problem I've been facing this year is that I also love sleep and I don't want to get up in the morning to make them.
{via}
However, the other day I was in line to check out at Target and I saw these super cute disposable coffee cups and it reminded me of how I used to make smoothies the night before in High School and freeze them. Technically this will make your smoothie way more of an ice cream dish than a smoothie, but if you let it defrost, you can sip it too. By putting the smoothie in a disposable cup, you don't have to freeze a plastic cup which isn't good for you and it makes the plastic really brittle.
My go-to smoothie tastes delicious, but the combination of blue and red berries with green kale makes for a pretty disgusting color. Today I made one that has fresh blueberries and pineapple with a banana, kale, greek yogurt and protein powder. It is a delicious smoothie that is jam-packed with healthy ingredients. I would give you the recipe, but I tend to just eyeball it. One thing that I will say is to make sure you get enough leafy greens in there if you want it to count as a serving. I usually aim for roughly 1½ cups of kale when I make it depending on the serving size.
I did round up some links to delicious-looking smoothies  courtesy of Pinterest, but I would also love to hear what your favorite smoothies are!






xx
erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...