April 24, 2015

{Friday Five: Southern Influence}

My Lilly for Target stuff started coming in yesterday and I absolutely love my pineapple serving dish. While I did order some clothes and such, this dish was the thing I coveted the most out of the sale. I might actually be returning some of my Lilly clothing because I am facing that harsh reality of job hunting and needing a professional wardrobe, my cute summery clothes just aren't going to cut it next year. Reality is tough, man. Also, if you could think happy thoughts for the Charlottesville weather going into Foxfield tomorrow, I would really appreciate it. My dress is cute, but not cute for a high of mid-50s with afternoon showers.

One:  The Dressing the South Forgot
Garden and Gun is one of my favorite magazines. I have found so many great recipes in the magazine, including my favorite Sangria recipe. They also have great feature pieces, a personal favorite was their story about hunting dogs a year or two ago. This article features some recipes that have been in Southern cookbooks dating back to at least 1900. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?
Two: The People You Meet
Speaking of great things Southerners brought to the world, this article in the New Yorker is about Joseph Mitchell and his legacy in the journalism world. To be honest, I had never heard of him, but that's one of the great things about a biography, you get insight into the life of someone you may otherwise pass over. It's not the shortest read, but it's well-done.

Three: Striped Separates 
How cute is this shorts and top combo? And guess what, it's just over $30 for both pieces. I have really started to like the separates trend and while I don't own any of it yet, I am seriously considering this little outfit.

Four: L.A's Most Popular Haircut 3 Styles in 3 Days
This article is reminding me that I really need to get a hair cut. I love this hair length and these are such great ways to style your hair if you are running out the door without time to wash it (hey, we've all been there). I don't know how much I'd use the third style, but I definitely have opted for a sock bun to hide dirty hair a time or two.


Five: Potting Sheds and Green Houses
Is anyone obsessed with pinning houses and interiors on Pinterest? I find myself doing it all the time and a couple of days ago this was one of my pins. This time of year gets me so excited for flowers, and while I may not have a potting shed (yet), I can definitely admire these ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...